I was given this homework assignment by 2 friends, Jodi Pulvers and Michelle Hiebert. Although I looked forward to doing it, but time once again got away from me. I shall be answering the questions from both of these lovely ladies.
So here is how it works:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.
Here are 11 random facts about me:
1) I did not want to be a teacher. My mom was one and I love her to death, but I didn’t want to be her. It took me a while to realize I was my own person as a teacher.
2) I sang with the Vancouver Opera Association when I was a teenager. I am a proud soprano and I do miss singing in Italian and Latin some days and will often burst into Broadway tunes after school in my classroom.
3) I have never had a boyfriend. It just never happened.
4) I have a secret desire to voice a cartoon character in a Disney film.
5) I am a proud Nerd/Geek/Whovian/Trekkie/Browncoat and more. I love Science Fantasy. I have memorized most of the lines of the Lord of the Rings movies and I want to learn to speak Elvish.
6) I love Scotland. When I was traveling there, we crossed into the Highlands, and I flet a sense of utter contentment that I have never felt before. I knew I was home.
7) I LOVE board games. Love. I would love to play them more, but that doesn’t seem to be in the cards either 🙂
8) I want to become proficient in archery. It is a goal I have had since high school when we took archery in gym. It was the first thing I excelled at in gym.
9) Lego is the first Christmas present I remember getting. The memory of that first Lego set is burned in my memory. It started a long relationship with the building blocks.
10) I believed in Santa till I was 13. I still kind of do. I believe in magic and fairies too 🙂
11) I have never made a meatloaf. Most people have by this time in their lives. I have not.
1. If I could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? Scotland. I love the United Kingdom, their food, culture, tv, and they have systems of government that are like Canada.Their healthcare is comparable to ours, and I just love the idea of being in the Highlands.
2) What is my biggest regret? I have a few big regrets. My 2 biggest (yes, I’m using 2) are 1) not telling my dad that I loved him more when he was dying. He was my hero, and I miss him so much still 2)not going to a party to met the guy I was interested in. He asked me to go, and I flip flopped on it. I didn’t go and I have always wondered “what if”. I really liked Simon.
3) If I could change one thing about myself physically, what would it be? I would change my weight. It has been a struggle my whole life and I have been told it could kill me. I am working on changing. it’s just taking me a long time. As a Diabetic, i feel this shold be easier, but it really isn’t.
4) What is my favourite colour and why? These are hard. Currently, my favourite colour is blue. Dark blue. TARDIS blue. Doctor Who is one of my favourite shows, and I want to see the blue TARDIS show up one day. Blue is colour of the medical officers on Star Trek, and Dr. Crusher and Dr. McCoy are two of my favs from the show.
5) Favourite food? Argh! These are hard. I love sushi. Probably sushi. Maybe Okanagan Peaches 🙂
6) What is my best childhood memory? Halloween night. Mom always made our costumes and we would drive in my dad’s rusty truck from farm to farm to trick or treat. There was an old radio show on CKNW and it was a bit creepy but fun! After mom and I would go through the candy and do an exchange for little raisin boxes and diet pop.
7) What is the weirdest animal you have held/touched? Sea cucumber!
8)What is the furthest place from home I have traveled? I think it’s pretty close between St. Petersburg, Russia and Kanazawa, Japan.
9) Most recent book I have read: Allegiant
10) What am I most proud of in my adult life? Probably that I have gone back to University. I hope to get my Master’s Degree from this!
11)What is 1 thing on my bucket list? I don’t have a bucket list. If I did, probably to go to Greece and Egypt. I studied Ancient Civilizations in uni, and I would like to see the places I studied!
1)What is my favourite travel memory? Seeing Europe with my mom. I was 18, and I got to see more than half of Europe and Scotland, England and Wales. The whole trip was amazing and I can’t pull just one memory from it.
2) If I could travel anywhere in the world and money was no object, where would I go? See above: Greece and Egypt.
3) What is my favourite meal and why? Tough one. There are a lot of meals my mom has cooked that I love. Probably homemade ham, mashed potatoes and gravy. I love my mom’s cooking.
4) If I could have dinner with anyone living or dead, who would it be? My sentimental answer is my dad. I’d love to have him around again. Non-sentimental: Nathan Fillion. There are many other geeks I’d love to have dinner with: SImon Pegg, WIl and Anne Wheaton, David Tennant, but Nathan Fillion just seems to have such joy for life and I think we would have a fun dinner. Maybe build some Lego….
5) If I weren’t a teacher, what career would I pursue? Forensics or Cartoon voicing.
6) What is my favourite way to spend a day by myself? Read, read, game, game, sleep, read, game, sleep.
7) What is my favourite song? Chopin Nocturne in E minor, Op. 72 No. 1
8) What is my favourite book? I can’t answer that! Ummmmm….Harry Potter, maybe. I don’t know!
9) What is my favourite movie? Oh dear Lord. I can’t answer this either! Do trilogies count? Star Wars! Lord of the Rings!
10) What is the perfect night out for me? I am assuming this is as a single woman and going to answer this as a non-date night. Dinner with friends, maybe a movie out or in, board games and lots of laughing!
11) Who do I love to spend time with most of all? My mom and my niece.
Bloggers I’d love to know more about:
2. Amy Murray
4. Keith Rispin
7. Melva Herman
8. Sharon Hales
10. Lorrie Burnham
11. Meg Sexton
Questions for you
- Who is your favourite Muppet and why?
- Where is your favourite place to eat out?
- What is your favourite holiday and why?
- What cartoon did you love to watch as a kid?
- If you could renovate one room in your house, without worrying about cost, which room would you do?
- Which period of history would you like to go and see in person?
- What is one thing you would change about your own past?
- What genre of film is your favourite to watch?
- John Stewart or Stephen Colbert?
- You win an all expenses paid holiday. Where would you go?
- What illness would you cure if you were able to?